We require a talented IT/Telecom Tech, who will be responsible for testing refurbished telecom equipment and supporting our IT department with client support. He/she will have experience with electronics and computers. The technician will follow procedures written by our engineers to test telecom equipment. He/she will provide feedback to the engineers about the procedures. Providing on-site support to our IT department such as setup of new computers and Microsoft office support is also part of the responsibilities.
- Ability to follow documented procedures and suggest updates
- Meticulous in their work
- High level of independence
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Hands-on and creative in finding solutions for problems
- Ability to troubleshoot computer problems
- Knowledge of Windows 10 and setup of new computers
- Informal or Formal experience in desktop support
- Working with test equipment such as TBERD and DMMs etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in multiple telecom disciplines
- Located in Sanford, FL.
- Full-time position
- Competitive compensation.
- Limited travel may be required.
Since 1979, Shields Environmental has partnered with the world’s leading telecommunications companies to provide innovative multi-vendor spares management solutions, specialist logistics and on-site services, reuse, extended life and recycling solutions within a fully integrated environmental and compliance risk management program.
Shields works hard to build a reputation for entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, unparalleled knowledge of the industry, environmental excellence and customer service. The core of this service is our talented employees.