Ready to apply your skills in the real world and develop on theoretical knowledge from your degree or past experience? Interested in the existing telecoms and digital communication world? If yes, please read on…
Who are Shields?
Shields Environmental was Founded in 1979 and is the market leader in the supply of service solutions to the telecoms sector. We are located in London, Essex, Eindhoven, Florida, New Hampshire, and California.
Shields is currently going through a company-wide digital and data transformation which will see the replacement of our existing digital solutions with “best in class” new technologies, enabling our clients to fully realise the potential value in their data, whilst keeping us at the forefront of the telecom asset management service sector.
Our vision is to create an incredibly efficient single-sourcing platform providing our clients with complete visibility to source and redeploy assets at multiple levels as well as building and maintaining their networks.
The organisation has both enjoyed organic growth and secured significant investment to enable us to accelerate our growth plans, and we are now searching for a graduate to become an integral part of the digital transformation team based at our brand-new office in Moorgate, London.
At Shields we operate like a family, working as a global team and sharing successes. We believe in enjoying a great work-life balance and offer very competitive bespoke remuneration packages for self-modified, success driven team players.
What will I be doing?
You will be supporting the Head of Transformation in delivering digital change projects within the organisation and in the development of a state-of-the-art Marketplace solution. You will work between the business and technology to facilitate workshops, gather and document requirements, translate requirements and specs, conduct and lead UAT and assist with the development lifecycle. This will specifically involve taking ideas from the operations & business and translating them into requirements that the developers and designers can build out.
You will receive on the job and structured training, specific to our business, and will work closely with both the Company’s management team and business winners.
As Project Administrator, your role will include:
- Overseeing small development or development retainer-based projects
- Maintain customer data feed (data integrity)
- Manage new product inventory within the WMS (data integrity)
- Prepare documents, decks, and agendas for client meetings
- Take meeting minutes during key client and internal meetings to include sprint planning
- Update assigned project documentation and presentations
- Schedule client and internal meetings
- Proofread documentation
- Create and/or update client project plans
- Work with the digital department and application developers to ensure user requirements are successfully translated into technical requirements
- Work with system testers and system users to support the completion of testing activities
Is this for you?
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Degree or equivalent work experience in either Engineering /Computer Science/IT Management/Project Management or similar qualification.
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle with a keen interest in user experience and user journeys.
- Experience in web technologies & fast-moving web environments, including an awareness of the different requirements for mobile technologies and platforms.
- Problem solving mindset, with a curiosity for tech platforms driving business.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to understand problems and express the complexity of them in clear terms to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver quality in a fast-paced environment.
- Aptitude for multi-tasking, working to emerging & tight timelines.
- Attention to detail with excellent organisational, written and verbal communication skills.
What else is on offer?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Located within Europe’s largest co-working space – WeWork, Moorgate
- Work in a creative, vibrant and start-up setting
- Professional development opportunity (events, workshops and training courses)
- WeWork Office perks
- Success driven, annual bonus opportunities
If you’re interested in this role, you can apply by simply sending your CV and motivational letter to Mohammed.Muneer@shields-e.com with your name and role in the subject line.
Start date (on or about) : 1st June 2018