Reports To: Operations Director, Americans
General Purpose of Job: Coordinate the inbound and outbound movement of dispositioned recycle material in compliance with all applicable regulations. Work with Recycle Technicians (RT’s) and Receiving Technicians on the proper handling and sorting of materials. Coordinate with vendors, and internal customers regarding reporting. Ensure compliance to R2, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open recycle PO’s with necessary information and advised Recycle Technicians of any incoming shipments and special instructions if any.
- Oversee RT’s and ensure proper sorting of commodities
- Receive inbound product
- Identify non-conforming materials and process per SOP 8.3.1
- Conduct forklift inspection
- Operate forklift in a safe manner
- Maintain supply of gaylord containers and check stock
- Maintain spreadsheets of commodity prices.
- Advise Logistics Coordinator when ready to prepare a shipment for transit to downstream vendor.
- Applying value to recycle shipments as well as the buying and selling of said shipments.
- Reconciling settlements received from vendors for recycle shipments
- Reconcile checks from recycle vendors for accounting
- Coordinate freight moves with clients and the Logistic coordinator
- Perform assays and document results.
- Run monthly reports for finance and operations.
- Provide training to new RT’s.
- Participate in ISO / R2 surveillance audits
- Audit recycle vendors
- Attend company meetings
- Recognize and suggest change where needed (OFI)
- Participate in ISO surveillance audits
- Other duties as assigned or necessary
Education and/or Experience: HS Diploma or equivalent. Experience can substitute for formal education. Self-starter a must. R2 or other recycle experience is helpful but not necessary.
Language: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and operating procedures. Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees of the organization
Mathematical: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to analyze numbers for patterns and efficiencies.
Reasoning: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
If you’re interested in this role, please apply by emailing Bradley.Marcantelli@shields-e.com.