Since 1979, Shields Environmental has partnered with the world’s leading telecommunications companies to provide innovative multi-vendor spares management solutions, specialist logistics and on-site services, reuse, extended life and recycling solutions within a fully integrated environmental and compliance risk management program.
Shields works hard to build a reputation for entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, unparalleled knowledge of the industry, environmental excellence and customer service. The core of this service is our talented employees.
We require a talented Senior Test Development Engineer, who will be responsible for testing refurbished telecom equipment. He/she will have extensive experience in commissioning/integrating telecommunications equipment for multiple vendors in the Radio Access and Transmission technologies. The engineer will research and develop new testing methods to help expand Shields’ capabilities. He/she will document the procedures and train other engineers. Providing more general training to our sales team is also part of the responsibilities. The successful candidate will work together with the engineering and operational teams to process customer orders in a timely manner, and ensure that all equipment meets the highest quality standard.
- Ability to research and develop capabilities on new or unknown technologies
- Perform under pressure
- Meticulous in their work
- High level of independence
- Verbal and written fluency in English
- Hands-on and creative in finding solutions for problems
- Commissioning and integration on BTS/NodeB/BSC/RNC for vendors such as Nokia, Huawei, Siemens, Alcatel-Lucent, Nortel, Ericsson, etc.
- Commissioning and integration on Transmission equipment from vendors such as Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, Nokia, etc.
- Extensive working knowledge of IP / Datacom equipment and IP technologies.
- First- or second-line troubleshooting experience on the above equipment
- Developing and documenting technical procedures
- Working with test equipment such as Spectrum Analyser/BTS testers etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in multiple telecom disciplines
- Based in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
- Full-time position
- Competitive remuneration.
- Limited travel may be required.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.