At Shields, we enjoy an excellent work life balance and excellent rewards for our success. We work hard in everything we do and perform with tenacity and persistence. Our team is self-motivated, quality driven and success hungry.
We require a talented Wireless Test Lab Engineer, who will be responsible for testing refurbished telecom equipment. He/she will have extensive experience in commissioning/integrating telecommunications equipment for multiple vendors in wireline and wireless technologies. The engineer will research and develop new testing methods to help expand Shields’ capabilities. He/she will document the procedures and train other engineers. Providing more general training to our sales team is also part of the responsibilities. The successful candidate will work together with the engineering and operational teams to process customer orders in a timely manner, and ensure that all equipment meets the highest quality standard.
General Purpose of Job: Create and maintain tests for Telecommunications, Networking, and Supportive equipment for clients and internally at all Shields Environmental facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain test lab test chassis and any additional or supportive equipment within it.
- Provide technical support to internal staff.
- Design and engineer new test procedures.
- Ability to research and develop capabilities on new or unknown technologies
- Hands-on and creative in finding solutions for problems
- Participate in department planning meetings.
- Perform preventive maintenance on the test lab equipment.
- Attend company meetings
- Recognize and suggest change where needed (OFI)
- Participate in ISO surveillance audits
- Other duties as assigned or necessary
- Continue technical education on new products
- Train junior technical staff in test procedures and any technical questions they may have
- Strive to exceed internal customer expectations by being proactive in suggesting and/or initiating improvement wherever possible to increase the company’s efficiency and quality both internally and externally for our customers and suppliers.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude a must. Must be dependable, assertive, detail and result oriented. Must be able to work independently and possess strong time management and communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Commissioning and integration on BTS/NodeB/BSC/RNC for vendors such as Nokia, Huawei, Siemens, Alcatel-Lucent, Nortel, Ericsson, etc.
- Commissioning and integration on Transmission equipment from vendors such as Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, Nokia, etc.
- First- or second-line troubleshooting experience on the above equipment
- Developing and documenting technical procedures
- Working with test equipment such as Spectrum Analyzer/BTS testers etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in multiple telecom disciplines
- Only candidates currently eligible to work in the United States need apply
If you’re interested in this role, please apply by emailing Ron.Byrd@shields-e.com