Operations Director, Americas – Sanford, FL
Since 1979, Shields Environmental has partnered with the world’s leading telecommunications companies to provide innovative multi-vendor spares management solutions (incl. Repair), specialist logistics and Field services, reuse, extended life and recycling solutions within a fully integrated environmental and compliance risk management program.
Shields works hard to build a reputation for entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, unparalleled knowledge of the industry, environmental excellence and customer service. The core of this service is our talented employees.
Job Title Operations Director
Job Focus Fulfilment
Reports To Chief Executive Officer
Location Florida, United States
Region of Work Operations
Purpose of Job Role
The Operations Director is directly responsible for developing and leading the Operational strategy for Shields in their region. This role will ensure the correct process and leadership is in place across all designated territories and that Shields fulfillment centers are fully functional and maximizing capacity. Directs and coordinates the internal structure of the regional Operations function based on company policies, goals, and objectives to ensure an efficient working environment and that targets are met consistently.
- Scope, lead and execute company goals and projects, consistently showing excellence and high quality in your work
- Identify, scope and deliver initiatives to support both existing and new product fulfillment and to drive performance improvement
- Review region-wide working practices and operational practices on an ongoing basis to increase operational efficiency and productivity
- To provide inspirational and visionary leadership to the operational teams, investing in face to face communication with staff to ensure commitment to the vision.
- Promote and enforce safety across the region, evaluating risk and leading quality assurance
Monitoring of Health and Safety, risk and recovery procedures
- Prepares budgets, schedules, and other organizational reports as needed
- Identify opportunities to improve cost, performance, scalability and resilience in Shields Operations and any other projects that you may incur within the scope of your role
- Responsible for robust financial control throughout the region, including budgets and accurate reporting.
- Create clear and compelling written business proposals for ideas and recommendations for other Director and C-Level audiences
- Present insightful data analysis reporting of all departments for CEO and other senior stakeholders
- Prior experience as Operations Director or Manager required
- Track record of delivering outstanding results through efficient operations to improve scalability, cost & capability
- Experience of building, coaching and mentoring a super strong, high performing Operations team – a “people” person with natural leadership ability
- Excellent stakeholder management skills at all levels & across internal functions and leading cross-functionally within a business
- Motivation to work in a fast-moving entrepreneurial growth environment with vision and creativity and a strong sense of initiative, ownership, and collaboration.
- Resilient, tenacious, and hands-on, with a consistent attitude of boundless positive energy and ability to work in a non- traditional, modern tech environment
- Strong Organisation/Communication Skills
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills
- Adaptable to Change & Driven to Achieve Results
- Exceptional Coaching Skills
- Knowledge of Safety, Quality, and Cost Objectives
- Ability to Demonstrate Exceptional Organisation and Planning Skills
- Relevant University Degree
What does Shields give you?
- Company Phantom Share Scheme
- 25 days holiday, bank holidays and your birthday off
- Company Bonus Scheme
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shields is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national or local law.