At Shields, we owe our success to the efficiency of our organisational processes. To help maintain and grow this standard, we’re seeking an experienced operations manager to oversee daily activities. As an ideal candidate, you should have a sharp business mind and proven success managing multiple departments toward maximum productivity. You will be in charge of providing inspired leadership for the operation for one of our organisation’s facilities, which involves making strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational processes and procedures. You will be highly skilled in warehousing and logistics as well as human resources, finance, and IT management. Additionally, you’ll display a proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion within your team. Your ultimate responsibility is to increase our operational efficiency in the Spanish facility.
Objectives of this Role
- Maintain constant communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organisation
- Grow the efficiency of existing organisational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organisation’s internal capacity
- Actively pursue strategic and operational objectives as directed by the company directors
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and cost-efficient
- Track staffing requirements, hiring new employees as needed
- Oversee customer and supplier invoicing
- Supporting the CEO and executive team’s vision and process ideals.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Lead, motivate, and support a large team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment, including setup and implementation of career development plans for all direct reports
- Manage timely data collection to update operations metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors, and deliver excellent customer service
- Partner with cross-functional support teams in improving the proprietary tools and systems
- Work closely with internal departments to ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Oversee materials and inventory management
- Support worker communication with the management team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years’ proven experience in an operations management position
- Minimum of 2 years’ proven experience in logistics and warehousing
- P&L responsibility experience
- Bilingual communication skills Spanish/English – ability to communicate effectively in the English language is a must
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organisational control of local operations and customer service
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong IT skills, including SAP knowledge
If you’re interested in this role, then please apply by emailing John Street at [email protected]