Shields was founded with a unique mission that closely links the interests of business with a passion for the environment. For over 38 years Shields has been a world leader in optimizing network assets for telecom operators across the globe and is a leader in environmental management. We help turn cost centres into revenue streams and, as a result, we have enabled our clients to manage their networks with maximum financial efficiency and care for the environment.
Our EMEA Shields facility is certified to the following Telecoms and Environmental certifications:
- ISO9001 / TL9000 for Quality
- ISO14001 / R2/RIOS for Environment
- ISO 27001 for Information Security
- OHSAS18001 for Health & Safety
- WEEE Regulation compliant (AE, AATF)
Our customer satisfaction strategy and linking the needs of the world’s leading carriers has led to significant growth while rapidly expanding throughout Europe and North America.
Shields has received continual recognition and accolades from our clients and other organizations for the quality of our services and products. Shields has worked hard to build a reputation based on entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, unparalleled knowledge of the industry, environmental excellence and customer service. Shields supports legacy equipment by providing a full scope of tested network infrastructure equipment, professional installation/de-installation services, asset recovery services, as well as environmental services and compliance reporting.
Currently, we are looking for
Sales & Business Development Manager
Fulltime job opportunity in Germany or the Netherlands
A Sales & Business Development Manager works to improve an organization’s market position and achieve financial growth. He defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
A Sales & Business Development Manager works in a senior sales position within the company. It is their job to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for their organization. To achieve this, they need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future.
A Sales & Business Development Managers will also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. They call on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs.
He also needs to support solution promotion events (planning, organization, implementation and monitoring) for all defined promotional Events (For example: Barcelona Exhibition, Industrial Third party congresses), to improve our (service) branding exposition rate.
Key Roles and Accountabilities
- Market Analysis.
- Competitor Analysis.
- Customer Insight studies.
- Creating leads.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s C-level.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service and create a business case.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately
Job Role Characteristics
- Multicultural working environment
- Flexible attitude and approach to reach results
- Must be able to travel extensively internationally
GRADUATE OR BUSINESS QUALIFICATION
- Bachelor or Academic degree preferably MBA
- 7 to 8 years’ experience in (service) sales/business development of Hardware services and/or Asset Management services.
- Fluent in English.
- Proactive attitude, creative networker: actively builds up and maintains a network of internal teams as well as operator customers, partners and competitors.
- Impact: Gains support and commitment from colleagues and customers, based on a balance of relevant knowledge and a good ‘presence’. To be able to coordinate and motivate a team. Good organizational, contracting and marketing skills, to make the right things happen and deliver on time. Stimulates others to act and think pro-actively.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, email) with prospects, customers, peers, vendors, project management team and senior management
- Telecom recycle business understanding: Has knowledge of our customers, competitors and their business.
- Initiates and implements innovative ideas that lead to new opportunities in existing or new markets.
- Proven track record of consultative selling and demonstrable results in selling complex solutions
- Extensive experience with Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Solution expertise
Knowledge of communication networks, Solution design and Services.
Knowledge about the operator’s businesses and processes. Domain solution knowledge of services and related products mainly in the area of Asset Management, On and Off-site services and Spare Parts Management Services.
- Consulting skills
Ability to effectively communicate (spoken and written) internally and externally with all kind of target groups including customers on different levels up to CxO-level.
Good presentation and solution knowledge skills in order to promote services and solutions to our customers.
- Commercial skills
Has experience in selling services or has been working as a Marketing manager in Services
What we offer
We offer you a professional career in one of the leading multinational telecom recycle companies, challenging work and competitive salary package.
Please send your detailed Resume/CV (photo attached) in English via E-Mail to [email protected] indicating the position you apply, your earliest start date and salary expectation.