Apprentice Telecoms Rigger
Shields Environmental is a leading provider of services to clients in the telecommunications industry. We provide a range of services including design, project management and construction. We specialise in the installation, commissioning and testing of critical infrastructure.
We are currently seeking Trainee Wireless Telecommunications Riggers to Train and work on a variety of telecommunications projects.
Training will include:
- Installation of telecommunications cabling and equipment
- Installation, relocation and removal of tower-mounted equipment
- Working at heights on a range of telecommunications structures including poles, towers and masts to install antennas, feeders and ancillary equipment
- Erection and fixing of steel structures to facilitate the installation of telecommunications equipment
- Conducting site audits
- Installation and commissioning of all types of fixed and wireless network equipment
- Install, test and maintain telecommunications transmission equipment
- Installation and customisation of telecommunications software applications
Total hours per week: 50.00
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
23 Jul 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Requirements and prospects
- An ability to work at height
- Understanding of using harnesses would be preferred but not essential as full training will be required
- A safety-conscious individual with good attention for detail who poses a ‘Right First Time’ attitude
- Successful applicants will be team players and be committed to working away from home and be comfortable at working at heights
Ideally, successful candidates will hold GCSE or Equivalent in English and mathematics qualifications at:
- A*-E or 9-3 however this is not a mandatory requirement as training will be provided
- Shields Environmental is committed to promoting within
- Career progression opportunities for the right candidate will be available as you progress through and complete your apprenticeship
- A potential opportunity would be to move to a Second Man (Team leader) role upon completion for those who show their dedication and commitment to the Values and Vision of Shields Environmental
Things to consider
- This role will require you to work from time to time, away from home and at height
- As part of the onboarding process a full medical will be provided and it is expected that you pass
- You must also be physically fit as this role will be physically demanding
About the employer
Shields Environmental has been working in the Telecoms sector for over 40 Years.
We’ve been developing and implementing solutions that reduce costs, improve returns, develop more efficient processes and ensure the highest standards of environmental care. With a global reach, we have offices in the UK and in the US.
To be the leading solution provider to telecom network operators and service providers.
To bring structural change to the way our customers source and maintain their networks by revolutionising processes, resulting in substantial efficiencies and cost savings.
To support telecom operators with their equipment infrastructure and technical services needs.
Environment – Environmental responsibility has been and always will be at the heart of everything we do.
People – We care for the people and the planet we inhabit. Our health and safety standards are of utmost importance.
Innovation – Our obsession with technology keeps us looking to the future. We strive to evolve and change with the times, we’re always looking for new ways to improve and deliver not only for our customers but also for our corporation.
Quality – We pride ourselves on the quality we provide our customers. Whether that be the equipment we provide or the services we deliver, everything we do is held not just to our customers’ standers but to our own. We are our own harshest critics and work together to provide a level of quality that is second to none.
Peach Orator Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Peach Orator Limited
David Ravensdale – 07711841619 – [email protected]
Working towards the Level 2 Wireless Communications Rigger Apprenticeship, you will be required to complete a rigorous Induction Training which will allow you to initially onsite.
As you progress throughout the remainder of your apprenticeship you will be expected to work towards Sector-specific training including:
Climb and Rescue:
- MATS/EUSR Basic Tower Climber and Rescue
- MATS Rooftop Safety Awareness
- MATS Radio Frequency Awareness
- First Aid/First Aid at Height
- PPE Inspection
- Lifting and Lowering
- Antenna Installation
- eLearning, distance learning courses
- Health, Safety and Environmental
- English and mathematics (Where Required)
- Level 1 Functional Skills (English)
- Level 1 Functional Skills (mathematics)
- Apprentices will train for 18 months
- Apprentices will hold several certificates on completion of their apprenticeship:
- Working at Heights training
- Tower Rescue training
- First Aid
- Radio Frequency awareness training
Wireless Communications Rigger
Level 2 (GCSE)