Purpose of Job Role
Technical Lead for the Programme/Delivery Management Team to ensure technical solutions are appropriate for the proposed project requirements. The position will require technical planning, coordination and communication in an effective manner with internal and external customers
Job Title – Field Deployment Technical Lead
Job Focus – Deployment
Reports To – Deployment Program Manager
Location – Tamworth, UK
Region of Work – Technical Team
- Evaluate Radio Access Network (RAN) and Transmission Network customer requirements for feasibility
- Study high-level and detailed designs to develop the technical solutions to be implemented by the Field Teams
- Assist with project pricing based on the developed technical scope
- Participate as a Technical Lead in internal and external customer meetings
- Maintain ownership of projects, from a technical perspective, from inception to completion
- Review hand-over packs and perform quality audits on completed projects
- Provide knowledge sharing and training to Shields Field Teams
- Work alongside Delivery Managers to ensure all aspects of the projects are covered from a technical perspective
- Bachelor Degree in Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of AC and DC power distribution principles
- Knowledge of Huawei/Ericsson/Nokia RAN portfolios
- Have relevant experience with network build processes
- Have relevant experience with mobile operators
- Good time management skills.
- Able to perform under pressure.
What does Shields give you?
- Company Phantom Share Scheme
- 25 days holiday, bank holidays and your birthday off
- Company Bonus Scheme
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shields is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national or local law.
Since 1979, Shields Environmental has partnered with the world’s leading telecommunications companies to provide innovative multi-vendor spares management solutions (incl. Repair), specialist logistics and Field services, reuse, extended life and recycling solutions within a fully integrated environmental and compliance risk management program.
Shields works hard to build a reputation for entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, unparalleled knowledge of the industry, environmental excellence and customer service. The core of this service is our talented employees.
If you’re interested in this role, then please apply by emailing George Stone at [email protected]