Field Program Manager – Wednesbury, Essex or Reading UK
Since 1979, Shields Environmental has partnered with the world’s leading telecommunications companies to provide innovative multi-vendor spares management solutions (incl. Repair), specialist logistics and Field services, reuse, extended life and recycling solutions within a fully integrated environmental and compliance risk management program.
Shields works hard to build a reputation for entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, unparalleled knowledge of the industry, environmental excellence and customer service. The core of this service is our talented employees.
Job Title Field Program Manager
Job Focus Telecoms Deployment
Reports To Field Engineering Director
Location Wednesbury, UK
Region of Work Field Engineering
Purpose of Job Role
Managing multiple large-scale Telecom deployment projects, leading all Deployment Delivery Managers to ensure optimum, efficient, and effective roll out across Shields customers. Meeting and exceeding project timelines while promoting financial responsibility. Ensuring successful collaboration between internal and external customers.
- Work closely with different customers and partners to manage expectations regarding schedule, quality, budget and strategical role out of various projects
- Effective management and implementation of large-scale projects and service contracts
- Oversee the strategy for recruitment, team development and training within the Deployment programs. Creating a high-performing, collaborative teams within the organization and with our partners
- Build specific action plans for individual deployment projects and monitor/update when required
- Be financially responsible and mindful of business costs, and financial impact across multiple projects
- Ability to manage across multiple projects, with high levels of complexity, based on a range of customer requirements
- Continuously drive efficiency and innovation within the organization through improved processes and technological advancements
- Overseeing all Health & Safety aspects across the deployment program
- Ensuring communication is in place across Deployment and Planning teams; promoting collaboration across all programs
- Ensuring all Delivery Managers have access to relevant Risk Assessments and all other project documentation
- performance meeting engineering key performance indicator
- Experience in Project Management across the telecoms industry
- Excellent leadership experience
- Well skilled within direct People Management
- Flexibility to work different shift patterns to suit the business needs
- Proven success promoting new ideas within the engineering operation
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Health and safety aware
- MS Office competency
What does Shields give you?
- Company Phantom Share Scheme
- 25 days holiday, bank holidays and your birthday off
- Company Bonus Scheme
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shields is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national or local law.