Test Lab Technician
Since 1979, Shields Environmental has partnered with the world’s leading telecommunications companies to provide innovative multi-vendor spares management solutions (incl. Repair), specialist logistics and Field services, reuse, extended life and recycling solutions within a fully integrated environmental and compliance risk management program.
Shields works hard to build a reputation for entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, unparalleled knowledge of the industry, environmental excellence and customer service. The core of this service is our talented employees.
Job Title Test Lab Technician
Job Focus Test Lab
Reports To Technical Operations Manager
Location Eindhoven, NL
Region of Work Technical Team
Purpose of Job Role
Responsible for testing refurbished telecom and network equipment. Working with the engineering and operational teams to process customer orders in a timely manner and ensure that all equipment meets the highest quality standard.
- Commissioning and integration on telecommunications and networking equipment
- First-line troubleshooting on equipment
- Conduct failure analysis on faulty equipment
- Working with test and measurement equipment
- Testing and verification of product performance against manufacturer specifications
- Preparation of test documentation.
- Provide a product calibration and certification service
- Day-to-day time management and reporting
- Work with appropriate teams to deliver projects and minimise customer impact
- Act as the primary interface for the Operations (and any other relevant) teams in the business
- Understand the importance of test, quality assurance and release processes and assure strict adherence to these at all times
- To assist with covering the responsibilities of other members of the team in their absence
- Experience working on Telecommunications Networking Equipment
- Health and safety aware
- Understanding of telecommunications and networks
- Microsoft Office applications
- Written and Spoken English
- Understanding tool and equipment handling and operation
- Experience with Test & Measurement equipment
What does Shields give you?
- Salary 2100-2800euro depending on experience and education
- Company bonus scheme
- Company Phantom Share Scheme
- 25 days holiday, bank holidays and your birthday off
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shields is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national or local law.