Field Delivery Manager – UK
Since 1979, Shields Environmental has partnered with the world’s leading telecommunications companies to provide innovative multi-vendor spares management solutions (incl. Repair), specialist logistics and Field services, reuse, extended life and recycling solutions within a fully integrated environmental and compliance risk management program.
Shields works hard to build a reputation for entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, unparalleled knowledge of the industry, environmental excellence and customer service. The core of this service is our talented employees.
Job Title Field Delivery Manager
Job Focus Field Deployment
Reports To Field Program Manager
Region of Work Field Engineering
Purpose of Job Role
Delivering large-scale Telecom roll-out projects, distributing all deployment services to customers. Leading the team of Field Engineers to ensure project timelines and budgets are met at the highest level of quality, health and safety standards.
- Health & Safety Working Environment
- Monitor on-site Compliance
- Monitor KPI & SLA Performance
- Deployment Planning
- Project Management & Delivery
- Site Equipment
- Team Leadership & Management
- Relationship Management
Quality, Health & Safety
- Ensure that all Field Engineering teams adhere and follow all Risk, Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Ensure all Team Leaders are fully trained on all proper material and equipment usage
- Manage and review all uploaded incidents and near-miss reports from your on-site team, ensuring reports are communicated with the QHSE Manager
- Oversee that teams have full site access and plans for transport and accommodation
- Ensuring that effective communication is used across Engineering and Planning teams; promoting collaboration across all projects
- Ensure Field Engineers have access to relevant Risk Assessments and project documentation
- Managing the recruitment, development and supervision of Field Engineering personnel. Creating a high-performing, collaborative team within the organization and with our partners
- Work closely with the customer and our partners to meet expectations regarding schedule, quality and safety
- Effective management and delivery of large-scale projects and service contracts
- Leading the recruitment and successful onboarding for Services Teams personnel
- Building and nurturing a strong service-oriented culture for both internal teams and external partners, focused on problem prediction, detection and resolution
- Manage a collaborative working relationship with our outsourcing partners
- Build specific action plans for deployment and monitor/update when required
- Ability to work across multiple projects, with high levels of complexity, based on a range of customer requirements
- Ensure you prioritise your work with maximum efficiency, effectively balancing customer and company needs/requirements
- Ensuring that all internal and external reporting systems are kept up to date
Other Key Responsibilities
- Continuously drive efficiency and effectiveness within the organization through improved processes and technological advancements
- To assist with covering the responsibilities of other members of the Field Engineering team in their absence
- To take pride in personal appearance reflecting the Shields brand
- To take responsibility for own health, safety and wellbeing; and that of visitors and other employees; ensuring compliance with Shields’s Health and Safety policy, procedures and safe systems of work.
- To be responsible for own behaviour and acting in a manner that avoids and discourages any form of discrimination or harassment
- To ensure full compliance with all Shields policies
- To willingly carry out any other duties that are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role and Shields as an organisation
- Excellent leadership experience
- Clear experience in organization based roles
- Flexibility to work different shift patterns to suit the business needs
- Proven success promoting new ideas within the engineering operation
- Health and safety aware
- Proven experience in Project Management and delivery
- Experience as a Telecoms Rigger
Environment – Environmental responsibility has been and always will be at the heart of everything we do.
People – We care for the people and the planet we inhabit. Our health and safety standards are of utmost importance.
Innovation – Our obsession with technology keeps us looking to the future. We strive to evolve and change with the times, we’re always looking for new ways to improve and deliver not only for our customers but also for our corporation.
Quality – We pride ourselves on the quality we provide our customers. Whether that be the equipment we provide or the services we deliver, everything we do is held not just to our customers’ standers but to our own. We are our own harshest critics and work together to provide a level of quality that is second to none.
- Field Engineering Director
- Field Programme Manager