Purpose of Job Role
To lead and develop the Field Engineers in our Telecom Projects as directed by the Field Delivery Manager. Ensuring all deployment activities are undertaken with due care for quality, safety and environmental purposes.
Job Title – Deployment Team leader
Job Focus – Deployment
Reports To – Field Delivery Manager
Location – UK
Region of Work – Field Engineering
- Be knowledgeable in the installation of antennas, feeders, MHAs, cabling, labelling and cable terminations, rigging and testing feeders, and general rigging duties with working at height experience
- Develop and lead engineers on-site, fulfilling training and learning requirements
- Carrying out a review on site prior to work commencing and revising/adding to the risk assessments where additional hazards have been identified
- Ensuring that all Health and Safety policies are followed efficiently and correctly
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements are communicated and followed by all on-site workers and visitors
- Ensuring all site inductions are completed, sufficient and accurately recorded
- Hold the Engineering team accountable for their own safety, well being and behaviour on site
- Advanced Climber
- Tower Rescue
- Emergency First Aid at Height
- Rooftop Awareness
- RF Awareness
- Climbing Medical
- Manual Handling
- Asbestos Awareness
- 18th Edition Electrical
- Rigging and Lifting
- AC/DC Competency
- Monopole Access and Rescue
- Shroud Training
- Feeder Terminating
What does Shields give you?
- Company Phantom Share Scheme
- 25 days holiday, bank holidays and your birthday off
- Company Bonus Scheme
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shields is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national or local law.
Since 1979, Shields Environmental has partnered with the world’s leading telecommunications companies to provide innovative multi-vendor spares management solutions (incl. Repair), specialist logistics and Field services, reuse, extended life and recycling solutions within a fully integrated environmental and compliance risk management program.
Shields works hard to build a reputation for entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, unparalleled knowledge of the industry, environmental excellence and customer service. The core of this service is our talented employees.
If you’re interested in this role, then please apply by emailing George Stone at [email protected]