Since 1979, Shields Environmental has partnered with the world’s leading telecommunications companies to provide innovative multi-vendor spares management solutions (incl. Repair), specialist logistics and on-site services, reuse, extended life and recycling solutions within a fully integrated environmental and compliance risk management program.
Shields works hard to build a reputation for entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, unparalleled knowledge of the industry, environmental excellence and customer service. The core of this service is our talented employees.
We require a Material Planning and Procurement Specialist for Telecom roll-out projects, who will be responsible for delivering unparalleled services to our customers. He/she would have experience in successfully deploying telecommunications equipment for Mobile Network Operators in the UK. The successful candidate will ensure materials required for site builds are sourced under the best conditions and available for the delivery engineers to ensure project timelines and budgets are met and exceeded, at the highest level of quality and health and safety standards.
As a Material Planner and Procurement Specialist, you will:
- Ability to translate Design Drawings into Bill of Materials
- Can suggest improvements to designs and amend design drawings to provide a more efficient / cost effective solution
- Be very familiar with all aspects of a physical Site Build, and able to translate this knowledge in First-time-Right BoM’s
- Strict adherence to customer material requirements
- Ensure compliance with regard to standards and competencies: foster development of knowledge, skills and abilities
- Work closely with the customer and our partners to meet expectations regarding schedule, quality and budget.
- Report to the Program Manager
- Experienced in Mobile Network roll-out projects, either from an Operator, OEM or installation company background.
- Has exposure to all major UK based Installation materials manufacturers for coaxial / optical / power cables, cable routing solutions, connectors, steelwork, consumables etc.
- Experienced in sourcing installation materials, ensuring no delays occur in the roll-out projects
- Experience with maintaining and updating Network Asset databases and tools.
- Proven delivery management experience, preferably for Vodafone UK.
- Ability to juggle different sites/priorities and deliver high-quality services under pressure.
- 5+ years in Roll-out project delivery.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to balance short and long-term priorities.
- Results oriented - Track record of consistently delivering business results. Decisive and clear thinking.
- Change initiation - Open to new ideas, accepts challenges and leads with energy. Considers culture and understands how to implement culture change.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Based in Wednesbury, West Midlands.
- Competitive remuneration.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com