Shields are looking for Telecoms Field Operations Engineers across the UK to be part of our Global Onsite team. Engineers will be site based deployed from one of our head locations (Essex/Wolverhampton) and travel as a team to various sites.
Responsibility will be to provide exceptional service to our customers. Shields work across a multitude of projects and the service we offer is competitive therefore, to ensure our standards are maintained, we value investing in your knowledge of equipment and services.
You will have a background in various telecoms equipment and support infrastructure for various OEM’s. An eye for detail will ensure you are able to fault find as well as installing and commissioning mobile equipment. Our work stream is made up of ad hoc and planned works. Experience in fault finding and climbing would be advantageous.
- Carrying out installation and commissioning services
- Understand SOW and other technical documentation.
- Undertake fault finding/Maintenance tasks on mobile cell sites.
- Working at heights.
- Work according to all the relevant Health and Safety requirements, ensuring a safe working environment for yourself and the rest of the organization.
- Respond effectively within set SLA’s.
- Retain Shields high reputation within the Telecoms sector.
- Ensure equipment such as vehicles, tools, testers are maintained and kept in good standing.
- Understand PIM/Sitemaster testing unit.
- Complete handover packs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with line Manager.
- Experience within mobile telecom networks (Huawei/Ericsson)
- Understanding 3G/4G/5G Technologies.
- Aware of Complex rigging solutions and how they terminate at the BTS
- Ability to work within a team effectively.
- Arqiva approved advanced climber certification. (not essential)
- Relevant field-based experience Installing and Commissioning.
- Have relevant experience with one of the following EE, Orange, Vodafone.
- NRSWA Certification. (not essential)
- Knowledge of feeder, connectors, build materials.
- Highly motivated and proactive.
- Ability to think on own feet.
- Flexible and ability to work away if required.
- Live within commutable distance of Purfleet, Essex/Wolverhampton.
- Full driving license.
- Ability to travel.
- Over 2 years’ experience in the Mobile industry.
- Further development/training provided.
- Permanent role with a professional team environment in growing business with opportunities to develop.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com